Hi all,

I'm hoping to augment Eric Shepherd's hybrid CSS menu shown here:

http://www.alistapart.com/d/hybrid/hybrid-4.html

And documented here:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/hybrid/

The roadblock for me is the display of the second level <ul>. In Eric's
design he uses an absolute position to get the second level menu items to
left align with the first tab:

#nav li.off ul, #nav li.on ul {
  /*put the subnavs below and hide them all*/
  display: none;
> position: absolute;
  top: 33px;
  height: 15px;
> left: 0;
  padding-top: 10px;
}

Here's my problem: I want to put the menu inside of a centered <div>
container:

    <ul id="nav">
      <li>
        <ul>
          <li>

Absolute positioning at zero left breaks this, because it ignores (goes
outside of) the centered <div> container. Is there another way to position
that second level <ul> beneath its parent <ul>?

Thanks,
Seth Livingston