Thanks for your help, Jesper. I did fiddle with it and have it sort it out.
It still has problems (thick white line in IE 6; background disappears in
Firefox 1.0, but not in the 1.5 beta!)

I appreciate your comments about the navigation. Unfortunately, I have no
control over the site's design, I'm just coding it. I'm new to CSS and I'm
finding the workarounds for various browsers challenging.

I don't know how you're previewing this, –here's the new link:

www.blueaardvark.ca/YMA/index.html

Thank you for your response, Jesper. All help is appreciated. I'm sorry I
took so long to respond, I didn't see your comment. I thought my question
had left the radar.

Mindy