The problem I am trying to solve is a gutter that appears in FireFox but not
in IE - a gutter between text column and the menu.
notes: "container" should be and is 760px wide and the IE version is almost
what the end result should look like, i.e. a white box for all content
(unlike FireFox render)

taking the logo as the point of reference, the "L" of 'loft' and "1" of '15
steps' etc should all align vertically with the "A" of Asset Lofts.

Whilst validating one of the pages (references.htm) I managed to make it
invisible to IE (pc) how did that happen? because W3C won't tell me.

www.assetlofts.com