Christian Heilmann wrote:

>I think if we start thinking of web sites as entities of content
>delivered through a certain channel - HTML and CSS - instead of
>Photoshop layouts, then we have a chance to create successful,
>beautiful and accessible / globally available pages.

I think Christian has hit the nail on the head.  Web sites are all about
content, and there is no way that a computer design program will ever be
able to read and understand our content, mark it up semantically, group
it properly into divs with logical ids, and position it in a flexible
way.  That's our job.

Paul, I would suggest you that you suggest a change in your
organization's workflow, if you haven't already.  If your team is the
one with the CSS knowledge, you should be the ones structuring the
pages, not just programming them.  I had a similar situation where I
work -- my programmer doesn't know about semantic markup and was handing
these forms off for me to style with no labels or fieldsets, bold tags
thrown around, etc.  I just asked him if I could structure and style the
pages first, then give them to him to "make work," and he had no problem
with this -- which was not surprising since it meant less work for him. :-)

You could also try to educate them, but that's probably a very long road.

Good luck,
Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater