Morning Scott

You wrote;

> Hi all,
>
> I have a 3 pixel problem at the end of a floated div.  A width of 180px
> works fine in firefox but forces the division below in ie to create a
> empty
> line.  I use _width: 177px at the end of the navigation id and things line
> up, but there is a gap of 3px at the end of this area (I used color
> backgrounds to help show problem).  I checked out the 3-pixel hack (
> http://positioniseverything.net/explorer/threepxtest.html) but didn't see
> how this could be used in this situation.  Is it the correct hack and I
> don't know how to manipulate it in this situation?
>
> The problem is with the #navigation id near the bottom of the style area
>
> webiste: http://www.baseballtriviaquiz.com/test/login.html (css included
> in
> file)
>
> Thank you for your time and consideration,
> Scot

Remove the following from your css : br.left{clear:left;} and the
_width:177px;,  and from the xhtml <br class="left" /> and your space(s)
will disappear.  Works locally on the example provided.

IE is reading the only the <br />, and not applying the class and not
clearing as you intended.

hth

Jim Nannery
www.redfernentrprises.com