Stephen Kortz wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>When using quotation marks in my html markup to quote a word or a sentence,
>where the DOCTYPE is Strict, I received an error when validating in
>Dreamweaver. The error suggests that I use "quot" instead of  quotation
>marks. When I go to other sites of see how their markup looks I see that
>they have in fact used quotation marks instead of "quot."
>

>Could someone pleased try and explain to me what is the proper way to quote
>a word or sentence in my markup. Values validate fine, only when I quote a
>word or a sentence does this happen.
>
>Thanks, I really appreciate the help!
>
>Stephen

It is a can of worms.
The typewriter punctuation "stuff" or 'stuff' is sometimes done
/typographically/  “stuff ” or  ‘stuff’
Some say it is better to use typewriter punctuation since some people
require so-called screen readers (text browsers).
Typographic punctuation is usually easier to read for those who are sighted.
I doubt this problem will be resolved in my lifetime.
Regards,
~dL

--
David Laakso