Hi all,

I wanted to give you an update on the column issue I described in my first
post. Some of you might find how it resolved itself interesting. Here's a link
to one of the pages that was broken.

http://www.wcfia.harvard.edu/wwwbeta/misc/publications/centerpiece/fall05_vol19_num3/feature_rwanda.html

I was having problems with the right column on some of my pages dropping below
the main content area on the left. It was only on a few pages, and since the
pages are pretty much the same, I was puzzled. Turns out the problem had to do
with some styles on my <q></q> tags. That's my guess anyway. I was using the
css approach from
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200411/quotations_and_citations_quoting_text/
 to handle my nested quotes. I don't remember it breaking after I put that into
my style sheet. But I decided it was better, for now, for me to hard code in
the quotation symbols, rather than use the <q> tags anyway. So I put aside my
alignment problems and tackled my q's instead. I went through all my pages,
took out all those tags, commented out the appropriate section of my style
sheet, et, Voila!....suddenly those pages weren't broken anymore. It's the last
thing I would have thought would have broken my column alignment, but
hey...mine is not to reason why...

Thanks for your help on this and the other issues,
Kristin