Hi all, I've re-posted to hopefully get some information.

If no-one has a solution to my problem below would you be able to tell me if
anchor focus normally works in Opera and IE?

Thanks.  Original post follows:

My query is about an accessibility feature I'm trying to do with css.  This
post is not about accessibility pros and cons, etc (which I know is
off-topic) but about css techniques.

Example page and code:

html:
http://public.softectra.com/dev/lang/markup/css/cssd/081205_1/index.html
css:
http://public.softectra.com/dev/lang/markup/css/cssd/081205_1/css/good_brows
ers.css
ie:
http://public.softectra.com/dev/lang/markup/css/cssd/081205_1/css/ie_fix.css

Note there is only 1 page, none of the links on it will take you anywhere.

I've created some anchors that are only visible if they receive focus, e.g.
with a keyboard tab.  I set the text colour the same as the background
colour so its invisible, then when the anchor has focus I change the colours
so it is visible.

.skip {
    position: absolute;
}

/* Skip only shown on focus, to skip over sections. */
.skip:link, .skip:visited, .skip:hover, .skip:active, .skip:focus {
    color: #fff;
}

.skip:focus {
    background-color: #fc0;
    color: #000;
}

I'm testing with FF 1.0.7, Opera 8.5, and IE 6.0 on Win XP SP2 (and Lynx
2.8.5).

Everything works perfectly in FF but not in Opera or IE.

Opera seems to work with its own keyboard tab feature, maybe an option I
don't know about, either way I don't see my styles.  In IE I can't see
anything.

Is Opera ignoring the :focus?
Does IE need a special fix?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.