David Dorward wrote:

>On 11/12/05, Jonathan Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>1) When you set a line-height on an element, is every line of text
>>contained inside it vertically centered within a "box" whose height is
>>equal to the container's line-height?
>>

>Inline content is vertically aligned according to the vertical-align
>property, within an inline box the height of the line-height (whether
>you set the line height explicitly or not).

If that is true, then why is the following example text still vertically
centered?

http://www.epiphanize.com/LineHeightTest.htm

The inline box created with the height of the line-height seems to be
forcing the vertical centering, which is what I was originally asking.
No matter what I set the vertical-align of the paragraph, the text
always stays centered.