On 12/12/05, Brian Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Brian, I don't think you should use empty spans. They aren't invalid
but Tidy warns that it's trimming empty spans, which means that when
something like a span is completely empty, some browsers will render
it and others might not. I think your version of FF isn't rendering
the empty spans and then the floats aren't being contained, so the
container doesn't have height, so you don't see the background. I
think.

Use: <br class="clear" /> which won't cause any problems since it is
allowed to be empty, whereas spans are not.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com