Jim Ryan schrieb:
> I've redesigned this formerly-tabled page in all-css--something the tech
> guys at the company's forward-looking CMS tell me they refuse to support(!!)
> http://www.childrensaidsociety.org/newheights/
>
> If you look at the "new heights" logo on the upper left of the layout,it's a
> background image, but I'd like to make it clickable. Problem is, I haven't
> found a way to put that image there without throwing off the rest of the
> layout. Any suggestions?

One possible solution might be to take the logo completely out of the
sourrounding layout. Just position e.g. a div containing the logo (as a
normal img-tag) absolute and place it on the position where it is
supposed to go (in your case top:168px; and left:46px; & don't forget a
proper width & height 191x87px), then put a <a href=".."> to the image.
To ensure that it is not hidden by another element, add a z-index
attribute. As your layout is not liquid, this solution will work.
Summary is that an element which can be positioned by fixed values need
not neccesarily be included in the layout like one might expect from a
table-cell.

Tobias