Steve Clason wrote:
  > I gave "ul#navlist li a" a 100% width and it seemed to work OK locally.
>

> ul#navlist li a {
>       display: block;
>          width: 100%; /*!!!! new !!!!*/
>       padding: 0.2em;
>       border-width: 1px;
>       border-color: #ffe #aaab9c #ccc #fff;
>       border-style: solid;
>       color: #EAF5F7;
>       text-decoration: none;
>       background: #8C9BB0;
>       }

Hi Steve,

Thanks for taking a look.

Are you viewing this in IE6 for windows? On my machine, if I set width
at 100%, this moves the last nav link down a line. In FF, makes no
difference, but the problem that kicked this off was only in IE anyway.

I can get around it by changing the width of ul#navlist li to 193px,
(bigger than that and it pushes the last link down again) but this
leaves a gap at the right of the navlist which I'm not keen on.

I thought that IE's problems with widths had been resolved in IE6. Am I
wrong?

> While I was poking around I noticed this (actually TopStyle noticed it):
>
> #maincontent {
>       font-color: teal;
>       color: #003366;
>
> There's no selector "font-color" so you should probably just delete it
> in favor of the following "color".

Thanks for this. Looks like the product of a late session. :-) Do you
recommend TopStyle, does it have some kind of syntax checker?

Paul