Merry Christmas CSS list!

I have a question about this page.  When I convert the site over to xhtml it
pushes the baby graphic way way to the right.
 Almost off the edge of the screen.  The page validates with tidy as an xhtml
document.  There has to be a problem
with the css someplace.  I got it working in Opera 8 and then it went bezerk in
IE6, I  fixed IE6   then Opera went down the tubes.
    Here is the page in 4.01 with the css IT WORKS    but to me it should also
work in xhtml too. I omitted the links  in css for posting this only.
http://pstcc11.pstcc.edu/~w2200a24/photography/index.html<http://pstcc11.pstcc.edu/~w2200a24/photography/index.html>

links {position: auto; top: 100%; left: 15%;
        padding-top: 20px;
     padding-left: 40px;
}
body {

 position: absolute;
 background-color: #000000;
 font-family: "Eurostile", sans-serif;

}
ken {background-position: top; left;
background: url(logobutton.jpg);
padding-top: 2%; padding-left: 2%;
}
baby {position: absolute; top: 1px; left: 95%;
background: url(baby.jpg);

    background: url(text.gif);
    margin-left:30px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;