{tonyFelice} wrote:
> http://www.tfelice.com/variety/index.html

Now, you should have addressed that page for direct access, so I didn't
have to break out of frames in order to look at the actual trouble-spot.

> Viewed in Firefox, all is as I would expect.
>
> Viewed in IE 6.0.28 much of the backgrounds are 'missing'.

It's an IE/win bug alright. I think you've got the "name" right also,
although I never give name to bugs. I prefer descriptions since I would
run out of names before covering 1% of all IE-bugs.

The bug falls within the 'missing Layout'[1] group, and can be cured by
adding a 'hasLayout' trigger.
However, in your example one of the less destructive triggers is very
effective when placed at the right element.

Try adding:
  #border1 {position: relative;}
...which is the most used cure for your version of the bug. Tested on
your page.

BTW: looks like an overdone nesting-case if a white border is all you
want on that page. One wide border on #page would do just fine.

regards
        Georg

[1]http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html
--