Scott Hamm wrote:
> ... I realized that I got more than 3 style files and how can I get
> around to it using style switcher?  My approach would be to use
> conditional comments INSIDE these style files that I've been working
>  on.  Is it possible or do anyone have better idea?

Conditional comments are no good inside stylesheets, they belong in the
HTML source-code.

Probably many ways to combine stylesheet-links.

I use the javascript-switcher:
<http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/jslibs/htmlhigh/swapstyle.html>
...which is capable of combining any number of stylesheets. Will work
with stylesheet-links both outside and inside conditional comments.

I don't use this stylesheet-switcher to handle links from inside
conditional comments, but did test that method a long time ago.

Note that at least IE6 and older IE-versions can only handle some 30
stylesheet-links in total in a page, regardless of how many are
activated at any one time. Don't know about IE7, and other, new,
browsers don't have known limitations on this point.
---

Gecko have some problems with my implementation, as it can be
seen/tested on my site. That's not the switcher at fault, but a flaw in
Gecko when it comes to handling of the heavily styled selector itself -
a Gecko-bug. IE, Opera and Safari handle it flawless, and the script
itself covers just about every browser out here, AFAIK. Check
documentation on <http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/>

regards
        Georg
--