Ben,

On Jan 7, 2006, at 7:16 PM, yaXay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it seems as if the IE6 is in Quirksmode, since the boxmodel is all
> messed up. However the DOCTYPE is specified correctly I think. I'm
> guessing the box model is still not fixed completely.
> I searched the archives and tried some of the "hacks" like "display:
> inline;" (it's a floated div); however they did not work completely or
> at all. It would be great if you could give me some pointers:
> http://yaxay.ya.funpic.de/test.html
> http://yaxay.ya.funpic.de/css/style.css

I don't have ie/win on my mac :-) but the document should trigger
'standards' mode in ie/win.  Here's a great write up on some of the
differences between the two.
<http://www.quirksmode.org/css/quirksmode.html>  You can also test with
a javascript snippet.  You can paste this into the address bar or make
a favlet out of it.
        javascript:alert(document.compatMode);

Quirks mode is called 'BackCompat'
Firefox reports your current page as CSS1Compat

hth
Roger,

Roger Roelofs
"Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction,
        God allows U-turns!"
          ~Allison Gappa Bottke