Well, I tested immediately. Comments DO AFFECT IE 6.0 in a very strange way!

Here's the new test case, where all of the comments in the MAIN DIV which are
BETWEEN the floated DIVs are removed:
http://www.rec.bg/en/test-comments-removed.shtml

The bug now does not appear now! I read thoroughly the mentioned article
(http://positioniseverything.net/explorer/dup-characters.html)

It explains all pretty clearly. So, the workarounds appear to be the following:

1) Put comments IN THE floated divs, NOT outside (that's easy - which I've done)
2) ADD a DIV which clears all of the floats BEFORE THE CONTAINING DIV ends
(tested, too).
3) Use other workarounds (explained in the article).

I'll stick for the moment to both "remove comments between floated DIVs" and
"add clearing DIV" method, for more security;-)

Thanks for feedback!

Now I'll have to rethink one of my coding habits when commenting end of a
particular DIV... I love you, IE;-)

Michel