At 02:56 PM 1/9/2006, Adam Kuehn wrote:
>At 02:11 PM 1/9/2006, CJ Larson wrote:
>> > <li><a href="about" id="active"
>> >
>> > Note we have just changed the class="active" to id="active".  Your
>> > global CSS file would then include something like this:
>> >
>> > ul li a#active {background-color: foo;}
>>
>>One note about this:  now he has two IDs instead of one ID and one
>>class.
>
>Which is, of course, perfectly valid.  There is nothing wrong with
>attaching two IDs to a single element, so long as the attribute
>values are unique within the document.

Darn it.  I hit "send" by mistake, before I verified this
claim.  That is, of course, not correct.  Only one ID per element is
allowed.  I hate having to print retractions, but that's what I get
for doing this stuff while I'm busy with other things.  Apologies, all.

The truth is, I didn't notice on the first run-through that the ID
was there.  However, the CMS could still simply substitute one ID for
another, without affecting the general applicability of the
method.  The CMS could either copy the existing information from the
original ID, or could substitute a class for the second ID.  Yes, the
logic would be more complicated, but it could work.

-Adam Kuehn