Vijay,

This will not work in IE, as others have noted. But just in case you don't
care. This really just checks for absolute URLs. This says that if the href
attribute has a value that begins with "http://"; the style should be applied.

                a[href^"=http://";] {}

If you have in-house absolute urls, you'll have problems with this technique.
If, OTOH, you are positive that all your inhouse links are absolute, you could
exclude them:

        a[href^"='http://yourURL.com"]:not {}

You may want to put a little icon before or after the external link, but again,
IE6 does not support the ::before or ::after pseudo elements. But...

        a[href^"=http://"]::before {content: url(images/externalLink.gif);}

I suppose this is more educational than helpful.

Cheers,

dan storm ~ web developer ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ w: 206.266.0292 ~ c:
425.503.9580

----------
Hi CSS Gurus,

To comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 we have to
mark/highlight all the published links, in our websites, which are external
pointing.

Is there a way to mark all external links for pages already published, by
change in CSS only, without making changes to the content at all. Changing
even a small part of content will involve re-publishing of all pages, which
is a huge effort.

I was looking for some selection on anchor that can identify a non-internal
link based on the domain name. Maybe some regular expression selection
criteria on the anchor's href property value..

Any pointer or clue for solving this problem will of great help to us.

Vijay Nerella

====