Just some general notes first: Although it may not have to do with
your problem, the whitespace before the DOCTYPE can put IE into quirks
mode.  Also, you might want to consider using some IDs (use IDs for
things that will only appear ONCE on a page, so you'd use an ID for
the wrapper/content divs or the header/footer/sidebar.

For the menu, I wouldn't pay $45 (?!?) for a javascript solution (that
outputs an annoying-to-style table).  Instead, you might consider a
CSS dropdown menu (like here:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/horizdropdowns) with some minimal
javascript to get IE to work.  This way, you can fully control the
styling of the menu without delving into javascript code as much.
(I'm sure that others on this list will have more CSS dropdown
experience/suggestions).

Ricky