Gary,

On Jan 19, 2006, at 7:48 AM, Gary Czychi wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to have an image map on a background image ...
> However, I can't seem to make this work. Can someone please help me?
>
> 1. when I remove the comments from the ".bgstars a" line, all
> carefully positioned links within the inner table are forced to the
> left, destroying the table completely
> 2. I can neither see or position the link areas lkhome, link2 or link3
> .bgstars a          { /* display: block; float: left;  border: 1px
> dashed red; /* debug display */ }
Is there any way for you to put up a test page?  It is much easier
for us to debug a live page.  (Firefox's WebDeveloper extension is a
must have for this kind of thing)  Usually with this kind of page you
need to absolutely position the a elements rather than floating them.

> P.S.: This is my first post to this group so please tell me and
> forgive me when I made a mistake.
Welcome to the list!  By the way, thanks for using a very descriptive
subject line.

Roger,
--
Roger Roelofs