If you have two documents that you want to compare, winmerge does an
excellent job.  It highlights the differences between the two documents
and then you can choose what you want to copy back and forth between the
two.  I have used it extensively for programming and all sorts of other
little projects.  Plus, it's free ;)

http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/

enjoy,
MIke