----- Original Message -----
From: "Francesco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [css-d] how to make LI text justify to the right of the bullet?

>I guess I've never had to deal with LI text long
> enough to wrap to the second line.  Now I notice that
> the second line begins under the bullet and not
> justified to the same place as the first line of text.
> Any way to fix that?
>
> Francesco

Francesco,

As Phillipe said, check the list-style-position property. See also,
http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_list-style-position.asp

With a declaration such as,

ul    {
        list-style-position: outside;
}

the first line of the list text would start to the right of the bullet;
subsequent lines would wrap with their left edges aligned with that of the
first.

In your CSS declaration,

ul.box {
  list-style-type: square;
  list-style-image: none;
  list-style-position: inside;
}

the list-style-position: inside; declaration causes the effect you describe.
The first line of the list text would start to the right of the bullet;
subsequent lines would wrap beneath the bullet, with their left edges
aligning with its left edge.

The site looks very nice in Firefox 1.5 / Windows XP - SP2. Works with the
sytles off, the text size doubled, and the screen resolution set at 2180 x
1024.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter Hyde-Smith