On 22 Jan 2006, at 10:35 am, Martin Petrov wrote:

> Could you please see my site with Firefox and check the unordered list
> of links on the right. It shows properly in IE and Opera, but not with
> Firefox.
>
> It must be a simple problem, but the negative margins used for the
> sidebar confuse me and I'm so exhausted right now .... :)
>
> http://pax.pcc.edu/gjackson/students/mpetrov/

Imho, Opera, Safari, IE get it wrong in this case.

Difficult case, and the css 2.1 docs are not very clear here.

On #extra ul, you specify {list-style-position:inside};
this means, create an inline object that is the bullet within the box
generated by the <li>
Fictional tag sequence would be:
But the <a> is set to {display:block}. This moves the box generated
by the <a> to a (new) line of it's own.

Imho, Opera, Safari, IE get it wrong in this case.

The better way to handle your list would be to set the list-style-
position to outside (the default) and work out your padding/margins
from there.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh