From: Mike Soultanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>http://www2.csulb.edu/colleges/cota/test5.html

>> Let's say I have two columns and there is a div in each column.  If I
>> add a margin-top to the left column, it pushes the div down in the other
>> column when viewed in Firefox.  Is this normal behavior or is it a bug?
>>   This does not happen in Opera or IE.

This is not a bug you are observing, but "collapsing margins" instead. See the
following wiki page for more information and links.

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=CollapsingMargin

You can also google "escaping margins" to find some of the early discussion and
links to pretty decent demos of what was considered a "bug" at first (four
years ago). Here's a link to a css-d thread -

Joe's demo is still online -
http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/7423
And Micah's page -
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~takoyaki/css-test/escaping_margins/