That is the question I poised in my online college Web Programming HTML
course at the Univ. of Phoenix. I raised some issues with the demo web site
the school uses to teach beginning html to students. It relies solely on
tables and nested tables for its layout. I initiated a discussion thread as
to how this was poor design and my observation caused a bit of discussion.
What I am hoping to gather from this group are some references I can provide
as to why tables should be used or limited to tabular data only and not
relied on for a site's entire layout presentation.

Thanks for any help.

Tom