If I set a container 600 pixels wide and put three 200 pixel wide container
DIVs inside FF1.5 is happy and so is IE6. As I add left and right padding
and/or left and right borders, stepping up the container width proportionally
keeps both browsers happy. If, however, I step up the margin (with or without
padding or borders)  IE needs more container width.

For example, if I set padding and borders to 0, but set margin to one 1 pixel,
the container should need 606 pixels.

#container {width: 606px;}
.box {width: 200px; height: 200px; float: left; background-color: #666; margin:
1px; padding: 0; border: 0 none;}

But in my test IE6 needs 607 pixels or the last float will wrap. And if I try
other combinations using margins, the container may need even more room, even
an 10 extra pixels or more.

What is the cause of this? Does IE have some rounding up problem when
calculating margins? Also, I thought that browsers sometimes collapsed margins.

dan storm ~ web developer ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ w: 206.266.0292 ~ c:
425.503.9580