C. Sitaram Reddy wrote:

>>>When I print a page (in IE 6.0, FireFox 1.5), text that is far to the right
>>>

>>>on the screen is getting chopped off. I have
>>>
>>>textarea {height:auto; overflow:visible;}
>>>
>>>in my stylesheet for print. Having the same problem with drop down lists,
>>>too.
>>>

>Here it is: http://home.comcast.net/~sitaram.reddy/testPrint.html

Ah -- a standard case of IE crappiness. :-)  No text is cut off in my
browser, FF 1.5, because it has a lovely Shrink to Fit print feature
that I use all the time.  IE cuts off the right side just like it cuts
off the right side of any web page content that can't fit across the
page.  So, it's not a CSS problem with your page -- just IE's lack of a
good printing feature.

I suggest you remove the "cols" attribute from the textarea and set the
textarea's width with CSS instead. Then, create a print style sheet
where you set the width back to "auto." This should make it fit to the
paper used -- unless IE expands textareas infinitely based on their
content, instead of letting them adjust to their container size and wrap
the contents.  Worth a try, anyway.

One other thing -- I appreciate that you posted your reply beneath my
reply, but you neglected to cut out the list signature from my message,
so when your message got its own list signature appended, it ended up
with two list signatures.  Just be sure to cut out all the stuff beneath
your reply next time.  Thanks!

Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater