That's the complete page (minus html/body and doctype tags). What I
deleted by accident prior to posting is placing "nowrap" within the
inner div  -- that changes the behavior between the two browsers.  My
intent here is to have a div that doens't wrap content based on the
width of the div.

I understand the 'em' solution works.. however, I thought the em unit
was based on the font size of the container.  I don't know how
feasible that solution is for a div.  Basically I'm trying to animate
a div to 'close' and 'open' and not have the content wrap is what I'm
after..

Any other ideas?