Vic Rauch wrote:

>I just added a "Photo Gallery" to my client's site and wanted the "goto Page
>X" to be on the same line as the page title.  So I used "margin-top: -14pt;"
>to bring this goto Page X to the same line.  When I tested this in IE 6, the
>navigation no longer works.  But it still works in FireFox. [...]
>But I would really like to have these two elements on the same line.
>Any ideas?
>
>http://www.ggshows.com <http://www.ggshows.com/>   Then see "Photo Gallery"
>[...]
Idea 1.
Guess you can do it with floating. That avoids "not in the same line"
when (clientside) the font-size (> and line-height!) is enlarged: due to
the fixed distance of the -14pt.

Idea 2.
But why not place the "GoTo Page X" under the photo's, centered as well?
(a) More balance in lay out.
(b) Reading from left to right, and from top to bottom, the first thing
I see after the title "IMAGES FROM PREVIOUS SHOWS - page 1"  is now "Go
to page 2". - Why directly? I should look at the pictures before! - And
when I'm ready with the last picture, I've to look around the page
before I get the "Go next" link; easier if nearby. That's more logical
also when the link is not forward, but backwards: "Back to page 1". And
if more then two pages, you can have a good centered:

             < _Go to page 1_       | 2 |       _Go to page 3_ >

Greetings,
francky