David Laakso wrote:
> Joe Otten wrote:
>

>> I saw the page viewed in FF 1.0 and it had some serious layout issues.  I
>> was wondering if others could spot any issues with code, layout, etc.
>> Site: http://udrise.udayton.edu/index.asp
>>

> Joe, in Debian FF1.0.7 @1400 the 3 sets of navigation links are too tiny
> for me. On 2nd zoom click,  the header nav slips down-- on 3rd click it
> disappears under the image; and all, or part of, the University logo
> slips under the footer.  On the /speaker/ page, the content text slips
> below the footer on zoom. Is the missing  footer border-bottom
> intentional? The zoom situation is similar in Konqueror3.4. Of more
> concern than Linux, perhaps, is that the header breaks at text-size
> 'largest' on all pages in IE6.0 SP1, XP SP2.

To follow David's comments, since the header bar is just a solid color,
there's no reason why you can't remove its set height and allow the
height of its content to dictate how tall it is. This will solve the
problem of overlapping text.

In general, don't set fixed heights for elements which have text in
them. Allow them to grow vertically so that various text sizes and
amounts of content can be accommodated.

Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater