On 02/02/06, James Golden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello there, first post here so I hope all goes well.

Hi James -- welcome to the list :-) or happy de-lurk ;-)

> I am building an online home price quote application styled with CSS.
[..]
> There are any number of options selected. This lends to problems when it
> is time to print the price quote since I do not know ahead of time how
> many options with descriptions (the tabled pieces) there will be.  The
> result is that option tables may print off on one page with the rest of
> the table on the next; being cut in its middle.
[...]

I've no real handle on the CSS spec's but the CSS-D wiki has a few
useful-looking pages:

<http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=PrintingTables>
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=PrintingTables

The latter mentions tr {page-break-inside: avoid;} being honoured by
Opera but not Gecko/IE :-(

<http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=PrintStylesheets>
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=PrintStylesheets

HTH,