Hi francky, David, and Vladimir

francky wrote:

>- Now closely comparing the downloaded file and the "original source
>code" (as viewed by Firefox) gives that they are not 100% identical!
>
>Difference is: some strange signs before the doctype:
>Downloaded:               <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML
>4.01//EN" [...]
>"Source code" in FF:   <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
>[...]

Could this be a Cyrillic version of the problem
of saving UTF-8 with a BOM (Byte Order Mark)?

If the text editor involved does not allow you
to specify UTF-8 without BOM, you may have to
manually delete those characters from the file.

I use XVI32.exe to examine and edit if needed
.htm files and find that, with my system, when
I save from notepad what I have typed on an
English-language limited keyboard, the default
save seems to assume ASCII (which is AFAIK the
same as UTF-8 for English keyboard characters)
and I get no problems. For keyboards with other
characters than English, I don't expect saving
as ASCII to work. I recommend you go to
http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm
and get yourself a copy of XVI32.exe.

Regards,