Gunlaug Sørtun skrev:
>>> On <http://www.triomio.dk/index_e.html> (and several more pages on
>>> the site with floated content) the content-floats to the right (the
>>>  CD-cover) has a mysterious margin-top, levelling it with the
>>> bottom of the menu-box on it's left side, in Firefox 1.501 and
>>> Opera 8 :-(

> Too late now :-) but it sounds like a case of 'collapsing margins'[1].
> It often is when Explorer "get it right".

I've reopened a page with the setup on
<http://www.triomio.dk/testsetup.html>, and I am struggling to see how
this can be collapsing margins. As far as I can gather, the contributing
factors are (all declared in
<http://www.triomio.dk/script/oldstyle.css>, only relevant style is
quoted below)

The #menu box to the left (the one with positioned menu links in it):
#menu {
        width: 300px;
        height: 150px;
        margin-left: 0px;
        margin-right: 1px;
        margin-top: 5px;
        position: relative;
        float: left;
}
below that, the graphical element:

#sgraf {
        border-top: 4px solid #c08e09;
        width: 300px;
        height: 400px;
        clear: left;
        float: left;
        margin-bottom: 2em;
}
then I have #indhold (big container with everything to the right of the
menu in it)
#indhold {
        margin-left: 0;
        margin-right: 0;
        margin-top: 0;
        margin-bottom: 40px;
        padding-left: 310px;
        padding-right: 1.2em;
        padding-top: 0;
}
and finally the contend is floated with inline style

I think that it is the clear:left; of #sgraf that is "still" clearing
when we get to the floated content. Actually, reconsidering, I think
that it _should_ do so (considering the rules). I was fooled by
Explorer's "neat" behaviour, and did not look far enough back into my setup.

Can you confirm this, or show me the margin-collapse :-) ?

Thanks again, best regards

Jesper Brunholm