On 06/02/06, Pringle, Ron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> TR Valentine wrote:
>
> > Although still in early stages, I am stumped as to why the left-side
> > menu is completely missing from the display in IE7beta2 (WinXPsp2).
> > The menu displays fine in FF 1.5 and Opera 8.
> >
> > page: http://plano.lib.il.us/testing/new/test3.html
> >
> > Any one run into this problem or have an answer?

> I see you're using the new holy grail layout from ALA.

Well, trying to! I've modified it to use ems instead of pixels for the
left column so the menu can grow with change of text size -- maybe
that modification creates an unsolvable problem.

> You forgot to include the fix for IE:
>
> * html #menu {
>   left: 150px;           /* value equal to the right col width */
> }

According to http://www.alistapart.com/articles/holygrail that is
supposed to be for IE6. I tried adding the fix, but it did not fix the
problem.

I went to http://www.alistapart.com/d/holygrail/example_1.html with
IE7b2 and found the left column is also missing. So at least there is
consistency in the problem.

I know there will be other problems (especially in IE <sigh>), but I'm
trying to win one battle at a time!
:-)

--
T. R. Valentine
Use a decent browser: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera