[cj]
> >- how can i move my background globe picture up 1-2em so that it
> >clears the footer?  it needs to stay on the body element(?), though.

[francky]
> - body {background: transparent url(graphics/bg-service-1.png) no-repeat
> fixed right 80%; }

if i use a percent, resizing the window makes the globe appear in
different vertical places instead of right next to the footer.  i know
exactly how far from the bottom i'd like the background image to be,
but i don't think i'm allowed to do this:

body {background: transparent url(graphics/bg-service-1.png) no-repeat
fixed right (bottom-2em);