Peter Lindstrom wrote:
>       http://www.allanalog.com/aaw/5.php
>
> the php code does a  browser check and if IE it loads a very small
> additional CSS bit to fix IE
>
> ... comments, fixes to my remaining problems, sarcastic remarks on my
> sarcasm..
> all are appreciated.. :)

Peter,

I think there was already enough wordy expressed frustration and sarcasm
in this thread. If you don't like CSS, than keep on using tables.

Otherwise, you may want to start learning CSS and HTML by taking more
care over what you are actually serving to the browsers.

Validate your 70 html errors, beginning with

<-- IE quirks rendering mode trigger -->

This is not a comment. This is just a string. Only IE seems to get the
idea what you've meant and shows a page. Therefore, something is wrong
with your browser sniffing.

All other browsers I've tested with this page are showing a non-styled,
plain html text page.

   http://www.allanalog.com/aaw/5.php
   Embedded Styles from http://www.allanalog.com/aaw/5.php
   @import "misc/drupal.css";
   @import "themes/box_grey/style5.css";
   http://localhost/aaw/misc/drupal.css
   http://localhost/aaw/themes/box_grey/style5.css

This is owing to this line you should think over:
<base href="http://localhost/aaw/"; />

If you have to serve different styles to IE, a Conditional Comment will do.

Next to less sarcasm, I'd prefer to see more new members on this list
accepting the /convention/ of "bottom posting" and the /requirement/ of
trimming the quoted material.

Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html