Thanks much for the feedback...

On the ordered lists, I know that's a preferred method around here: is
there an easy way to get the list to spread out and do automatic spacing
between the items in the list like the cells in a table do when it's at
100%?  I have to be able to allow for the possibility that another item
might be added and it would have to be able to slip in there without
changing the width.  Am I making sense?  I played around with setting the
spacing with padding and word-spacing and the like, but then I had to be
pretty exact; no room for a word change or additional item.

Also, I should have been more clear in my  first email: I have absolutely
no control over the choice of font size in this particular instance of the
site; I have to pick my fights, and I'm not up to that one at the
moment.  I know it's too small, even for me (I'm 23 with horrible
astigmatism), and I hate it.  It is, however, a slight improvement over our
current site where the font was the same size and pixel-based, so it didn't
resize at *all*.  When we redesign font-sizing is on the top on my list of
things to fight; I am aware of the situation, so please don't beat me with it.

Thanks again,
~Rebecca