Donna wrote:
> Hi List,

Hi Donna :-)

> I am almost finished with this site I'm making.  All pages
> validate. This is my first site I've done that looks the
> closest to professional that I've done so far (very new to web
> site design).
>
> Please be kind; I'm looking for any helpful suggestions on
> improvements.
>
> Thank you in advance to all who feel inclined to help!  Here's
> the link:
>
> http://sswd51.accountsupport.com/index.html

The space between the navigation and the center content is much
larger than the space on the other side of the content. Is this
on purpose? I think it looks better when symmetric.
Another thing is the navigation itself: I only clicked three
links before I was confused - the order of the links seems to be
random, which leaves the surfer without sense of direction. After
some investigation I found that you just let the current link and
top link switch places, but I still think it's too confusing.
Give each link it's proper place, and people will see by the
different styling which page it is they're on.

On the services page there's a link to 'Retreats and Seminars',
but the href points to the service page itself.

Design wise, I'd give the links in the navigation a bit more
styling, and make them clickable in the full width of the
container, not just over the text. Also, it's a list of links, so
best mark it up as a list.

HTH :-)

--
Els