Since it is only a minor cosmetic issue, I would use the !important calling.

#navigation {
        background: #336699;
        float: left;
        margin: 0 0 0 0 !important; /* original code, this will show in
mozilla */
        margin: -5px 0 0 0; /* this will be what shows in IE */
        }

Per the W3C specifications: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/cascade.html

Neill Harmer
www.neillharmer.com

"Innovation distinguishes between being a leader and a follower."