Paul Kahl wrote:
> You don't really need to float the labels or inputs.
>
> With no CSS at all, this form lays itself out:
>         <form>
>             <label id="ed" for="input1">Test:</label> <input
> type="text" id="input1" /><br />
>             <label id="ed" for="input2">Test:</label> <input
> type="text" id="input2" /><br />
>             <input type="submit" />
>         </form>

That's very funny, but not quite why I posted this. Did you notice that
your form happens to have two labels with exactly the same text? That's
hardly practical in real life forms. In real life forms you'd have
textareas, select boxes, checkboxes, radio buttons, labels of various
sizes, and text fields of various sizes. Try this one
http://www.cafetheplaza.com/en/jobs/index.html

Also try your form without the <br /> tags. Of course the same (being
unpractical) could be said about my forms, they lack a <br/> tag, which
is needed to display the form in usable way when stylesheets are disabled.

I'll update my article to reflect this.

Michiel