Felix Miata wrote:
>>> Be wary of believing a horizontal scrollbar on zoom to be a
>>> problem. Larger absolute sizes tend to go hand in hand with wider
>>>  viewports and higher resolutions.

>> I disagree with Felix on this point

> How? Why?

Well, I have never found a reason to change the width of my viewports or
use higher resolution. I do tend to 'blow up' / 'zoom up' text and/or
entire web-pages in order to see what's written in them though.
So it seems like my 'larger absolute sizes' do not go hand in hand with
what you suggest - at my end. Thus, I disagree.

We had a long discussion that /touched/ on this subject a little while
ago here at css-d. I don't feel like repeating it all over again, but
one of the solutions most in line with my personal preferences can be
found here:
<http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200504/fixed_or_fluid_width_elastic/>
...which can also be implemented with reversed units. Think Christian
Montoya was pointing in the same direction earlier in this thread.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no