Vicki Stebbins wrote

> I've going in circles trying to figure why IE is putting bullets in the li
> on this page
> http://www.4wdnsw-act.org.au/test_gallery.php
> CSS here: http://www.4wdnsw-act.org.au/styles/gallery.css
>
> It works fine in FF, looked up the books I have etc and just cannot get it
> working correctly in IE.
>
> Hope someone can see a really quick thing that I'm obviously doing wrong.
>
> Vicki

Vicki:

I cut and pasted all of your code into Crimson Editor, saved it onto my
desktop and opened in IE 6.0...and no bullets. The bullets are still in the
page on the website, in the same browser, though.

I'd start by adding at the end of the gallery.css,

.title li    {
list-style: none;
}

.poster li    {
list-style: none;
}

.description li    {
list-style: none;
}

to see if that takes care of it, and work backwards from there...

I've had problems with IE getting all of this type of CSS declaration,

#gallery, #gallery li.title {
display: block;
list-style: none;
text-align: center;
font: bold 12px verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
 line-height: 19px;
color: #000; /* this changes the colour of the title of the photo*/
}

applying the styles only to #gallery, not to both...although you would think
the list-style: none; would apply to all of #gallery.

Cheers,

Peter

[EMAIL PROTECTED]