>>> maybe 1 pixel just isn't enough when transfered to print, and
>>> maybe  you could make a print stylesheet with 2 or 3px wide borders.

>> by changing the border widths to 1pt instead of 1px, the  problem
>> seems to be resolved.

> Important thing to remember: a pixel has no defined fixed size, its
> size depends on the device being used to display it. A POINT equals
> approximately 1/72", regardless of the printer being used.

I'd just never seen this problem with data tables before; having
tested in several environments with several printers, all of them
have calculated and displayed 1px lines accordingly. I think it may
have been the combination of percentage-width table cells and the
exact page width which caused the problem, which, as mentioned, has
been resolved by using points.

Regards
Mark Howells
www.permanenttourist.ch