Hello, I'm new to the list, enjoying all the information and would
like to post a question of my own. I have two columns on either side
of the main section throughout the site. Each are made up of
unordered lists with links. I'd like to have some way for the visitor
to identify which page they are on while browsing through. I've tried
using a class like this one:

.current {
  color: #fff;
  background: #800000;
}
But because of inheritance or some reason, it's not showing up.  The
rest of the relevent CSS is below. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Erin Spangler

#lh-col ul li, #rh-col ul li {
  border-top: 1px solid #808080;
  background: #B2B9D4;
  }

ul li a:link, ul li a:visited {
  text-decoration: none;
  display: block;
  width: 90%;
  padding: 5px 5%;
  font-size: .9em;
  color: #333333;
}

ul li a:hover {
  background: #C0C0C0;
  color: #800000;
}

ul li.last {
border-bottom: 1px solid #808080;
}
Erin Spangler
http://www.thedogsonline.com
Web Design and Hosting for the dog enthusiast