hallo everybody!
here's the question.

I must put a div with a transparent png as a background (must be png 'couse i
can move the box picture below it)
The box contains some text from a DB, and it can grow in width and/or height.

the png has a gradiant from white to gray, from top to bottom.

So my idea is to put the text in a div with the graddient as background.

an around it i'd think to construct a simulated table, with three div on top
(one for the left corner, one for the line above, one fot the right one), three
in the center ( one with the line on the left, one with the text&gradient
described above, and one with the line on the right). Other three div similar
to the top ones closed the simulated table...

ok, it's difficult to explain.. ;-)

how can i do this? it's possible without a real table?
what do you think?

thanks in advance ;-)