Scott Haneda wrote:
> <http://newgeo.com/web/css/wide.html>
> Top table, has an image in it 728px wide, with a 3px border
>
> Bottom table is the same spec, but no image, yet it is narrower.  This seems
> to happen in Safari and FF on the mac, I can not test other browsers.
>
> How can I make the bottom table match up to the top one?

Scott, you either need to make the image narrower by 6 pixels (the 3px
border left and right take the cell beyond the 728 width allowed) or
make the table wider by 6 pixels.

"All block-level elements also have the properties width and height. The
margins, borders and padding you add to each element are then added on
to these dimensions." [1]

This all begs the question: why are you using tables anyway?

http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/stylesheets/cssspacing.html