On 06/03/07 11:49 Mark Howells apparently typed:

> I can't imagine that anyone with any sense regularly uses a full-
> screen browser window at more than 1280; the whole point (for  as
> many people as I've ever talked to about it) of a large screen for
> browsing purposes is to have multiple apps or windows visible at the
> same time, not to have a single window open at full screen size.

This user's 24/7 browser window is 1160x938, on a 1280 wide screen (and
more than 1280 wide on his 1792 wide screen). I reset it that way with
Web Developer anytime I find it necessary to temporarily change it to
anything else. That's 90.6% of my screen width, and 100% of my available
screen height.

Not everyone uses a large screen in order to have many non-overlapping
windows open simultaneously. Some people, notably people over-40 and
low-vision users generally, need things bigger just to see, and often do
it precisely as an alternative to printed matter that can't be had with
print big enough to read without straining, or at all.

Fullscreen isn't necessarily a bad idea even on a large display with
high resolution: http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/accessibility.jpg

This doesn't seem to be on-topic though.
--
"Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according
to the law of the Lord."                        Psalm 119:11 NIV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/auth