Ramone Kalsaw wrote:
> Is there a css scheme for positioning <div id="footer"> so
> that it will lay at the "absolute" bottom of the page, with
> every other element above it?

Bottom of the viewport: see Jim Davis' reply.
Bottom of the page:
Add 'clear:both;' tot the styles for the footer, and don't use
position:absolute for the columns.
Position:absolute takes elements out of the normal flow, which
means other elements don't "see" them. Clear:both on the footer
will only help it to stay below floats. Not below absolute
positioned elements.

> Re: www.biom.net: <http://www.biom.net/> In order to keep my
> footer from rising up and covering content in my main section,
> I've had to add about 25 <br/> tags at the bottom of the
> "leftbar" page element. (And even I know in this age of CSS
> this is not the most "elegant" way to position page elements
> [image: sleepy.gif]

It's not just not elegant, it doesn't work either :-)

> (Note: Right now all page elements are working fine on
> IE6/MyIE2 (Windows), not so good on Firefox (Windows: footer
> is covering icon graphic). And on Mac it's like herding cats:
> Safari, Firefox, and Netscape are positioning the footer at
> different levels.)

And in Opera both the green and the transparent parts of the
footer are broken by the middle column.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/