Morning Brent

You wrote

> Newbie Here.
>
> http://www.sandstormranch.com/check_shadow.htm
>
> I intended for "Sold" in the image caption to have a red color instead
> of the blue.  Page looks fine in Mozilla, but doesn't work in IE or
> konqueror.
>
> I tried to design a universal style sheet that would work with all of
> the pages on the website.  The stylesheet can also be found at
> http://www.sandstormranch.com/default.css
>
> I'm sure that my code is crude...so any comments, suggestions, or
> criticism is greatly appreciated.

In your markup change
class="sold">Sold!</span></p> and in your style sheetadd a . (period) just
before *sold* making a valid class. That should make it work in all modern
browsers.I'd also recommend running your HTML through the Validator(s)[1].
hth[1] http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/ and /or
http://validator.w3.org/Jim Nannerywww.redfernenterprises.com